Whether or not you have aspirations to grow up to be a full-time writer, the great friendships and writing skills you gain in Red Oak programs will serve you well in the future! Perhaps you’ll use your writing skills to follow in the footsteps of some of our camp grads:
Where Are They Now?
Challenge yourself: Can you match the Red Oak “grad” with his/her current endeavors?
a.) Angela O. b.) Alex L. c.) Alison P. d.) Travis J. e.) Laurel P. f.) Rashad H.
g.) Mo M. h.) Rai T. i.) Courtney S.
- English/Theater major @ St. Olaf College & working on scripts for a “St. Olaf version of something like A Prairie Home Companion”
- studying Criminal Justice & International Studies at UW Platteville
- “practicing imposter skills in the College of Engineering . . . and ignoring [her] calling as a language arts instructor” as she gives writing advice to fellow students
- in seminary school in Brookline, MA
- studying English at Ripon College
- studying to be a 6-12th grade Social Studies teacher with plans to use his writing skills to become part of the educational, film and history communities
- working toward a History degree at Coe College and using Creative Writing talents as the fiction editor of the school’s literary magazine
- studying Psychology and Creative Writing at Purdue
- studying Creative Writing & Psychology at Coe College, writing short stories and “re-booting” his novel